Tuesday, March 18, 2008

When Life Hands You Buckets...

...you take one wonderful husband, and he pries the lids off



...examines the mess he's about to clean up...



...gets his own assembly-line system going for washing them out...





...and does it all again...happily...44 more times, whew! That is one determined farmer-in-training. And definately the nicest and most wonderful guy I know (even without buckets).

Total bucket count now is 64 designated for plants (including the ones we've already potted), 4 for hauling things (and for making compost tea later), and 3 that are full of all the leftover paint (totaling 15 gallons of interior paint that surely will get used for something). Cool!!

Know what this means?? It means that we DO anticipate there being some tomato plants this year, oh happy day!! Paul Robeson, Black Krim, Black Prince...oh, I hardly can contain myself!

I love my husband more than I thought possible, and the sight of messy buckets and his happy smile while working to gain us some pots for more plants makes me happier than if he were all scrubbed up and wearing a nice suit. THIS is happiness to me. I want 100 more years of being able to see J intent on his projects...our projects, and me right there with him doing the same.

Bucketville keeps growing!



This is not all of them. No, a lot of them won't fit into the picture...


But I'm sure the neighbors are impressed by now with our mess yard decor, green with apoplexy jealousy. I know they are preoccupied by the thought of just how they, too, can turn us into the code enforcement officers grow strange and unusual plants in old paint buckets, and are rushing out to a construction site and begging, yay even bribing someone, to for gosh sake stop the insanity for some 5 gallon buckets. It's all the rage!

(And now I return from my happy little land of make-believe...at least long enough to go do those dishes from dinner that are piled up in the sink...)

2 comments:

Meg said...

haha! I enjoyed the comedic use of strikethrough--and for the record, if I was your neighbor, I'd be coming over to say, "Hey, whatcha have growing in those buckets?"

Robbyn said...

If you were my neighbor, we'd be having FUN! (And we'd give you some buckets) About a year ago, a woman down the street from us was discovered growing an entire house and patio full of marijuana..7 foot plants--so I'm guessing if these buckets show up on a routine aerial shot, the inspector might just "happen along" to make sure we aren't growing any "special" fruit trees in those buckets, ha!