Wednesday, January 7, 2009

More About Yerba Buena


This herb made its new home at our house last April (here's the first post from then). It's Yerba Buena, or Jhibbaweena, depending on your accent ;-)
To read more about it, you can head over to my post today at Women Not Dabbling in Normal. Yerba Buena, a wild indigenous mint, is a very versatile addition to nearly any garden, thrives in many zones, and is a worthwhile standby in the herbal medicine cabinet, soothing bathtimes, or beverages such as the mojito ...check it out!

6 comments:

~gail~mooselovingmamabear said...

I did guess it right the first I looked at it, LOL (a self test); thanks for sharing all of your herbal wisdom and I truly am blessed by your site.

Gone2theDawgs said...

MMMMmmmmm Mojitos! Perfect with a warm climate!! (come on Summer!). That pic is beautiful...I'll have to look into growing some here....for medicinal purposes of course!!

Anonymous said...

They call that Indian tea back on the Yurok reservation. Wonderful vine.

I've been cruising your blog this morning and am thrilled to have found you! I look forward to learning lots from you.

Anonymous said...

It is very pretty!

Robbyn said...

Gail, thanks! :) I'm a novice at this, but I'm in awe at the collective wisdom in the homesteading community out here, and also so happy to be able to do internet searches when I have questions. Thanks for the encouragement!

Wren, I think you'll find it easy to grow...it does better for us than some of the other mints :)

Esmaa, I took a look at your blog and really enjoyed it! I'd love to know a lot more about native american uses for medicinals instead of hit and miss. We've lost a lot of our knowledge through the blunders of "progress"

Notesfromfrugaltrenches...it is! :)

Anonymous said...

I am totally plant this in my garden this year. I don't know how I missed a wild indigenous mint. Interesting!