Thursday, November 1, 2007

Ever Feel Like You're Being Watched?

This little bird, or others like him/her, often sits on our phone wire perusing our comings-and-goings. If you look up, all you see is his slim silhouette against the sky, and he's always alone.

I've never been able to get a very good view of the little fellow until I recently got the camera and zoomed in a bit for a peek. I'm not a very steady hand, and the wire's pretty high...etc etc...so this pic is grainy and fuzzy, but still a better glance than what I've had before.

I'm not sure what sort of bird this is...does anyone know? My uneducated guess, based on a list of Florida birds and a few pictures to go by, is that maybe it's a flycatcher...or vireo...or phoebe?

If anyone knows, I'd appreciate it. He's a tiny little thing...


No comments: