Thursday, April 18, 2013

A Time to Prepare


Proverbs 24:27  Prepare your work outside, And get your fields ready. Afterwards, build your house.

Is anyone else ever stuck in the preparation period?  I'm learning the hard way to lean into it and just enjoy the process.


I look forward to each time we can be "at the land" now...my calendar seems to go forward with those days as the highlights and most everything else marking time till the next one.  Progress creeps along.

It's going to have to be ok.

I love this verse about preparation.  It covers a lot, doesn't it?  We are in the first part, preparing our work outside.  I'd love to be at the second and third stages, because I want to be putting in trees and a garden right now that the weather is warm and the birds are sallying forth and everything's bursting with new life!

I have some decisions to make regarding allowing my leg to heal properly.  It will likely affect my work schedule.   I'm trying to discern during this process, because in my job people depend on me and I'm very attached to them and to their daily concerns and their happiness.  I've found I really enjoy being able to be helpful and useful, and I enjoy being around older people, usually.  I learn so much every time I'm with them, namely to appreciate each day and to savor relationships.  To laugh and to make peace with things of the past and present that can't be changed, and to turn over the details of fond memories like the treasures they are.

I have a lot to learn and I want to keep from making mistakes of haste in each area...in the area of our transitioning to the land and in decisions related to my workweek.

I'm glad Jack lends his perspective daily.  He mirrors a reflection of a better-rounded view of things than I ever have by myself.  I also pray.  I always need God's gentle hand and wisdom, and He's always been faithful to grant those for the asking.  It doesn't mean I always know the right thing to do, though, or the wisest course to take, but often it means I know which ones not to take.

Proverbs 24:27  Prepare your work outside, And get your fields ready. Afterwards, build your house.

I'll take to heart His timely reminder that there is a time for each step, and there is wisdom in the right preparations in the right time.

Let me know how you're doing...I love hearing how your Spring has sprung!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hang in there. I am still in the dreaming of land stage so you are way ahead of me. I look forward to reading more about your adventures!

Robbyn said...

Hi Dessa! We have been at that point for years but experimented every year with new things, which has helped a lot allow us to know some of the things we DON'T want to do again, or how NOT to do things, and so on...I think it has saved us a lot of time and money in the long run. I hope you get your land as soon as possible. Your blog is really lovely!! I couldnt leave a comment there without signing up with a Google Plus account, so I'm leaving it here in hopes you get it. Thank you for your encouragement!