Friday, July 18, 2008

Goodnight Moon, Friday Version











In the great green half-swept room
There was a telephone
And a red balloon flower in bloom
And a picture of
the cow jumping over the moon a bride and a groom
There were three little bears sitting on chairs soft pillows with some wear and tear
And two little kittens slippers
And a pair of mittens nail clippers
And a a little toy house cup of tea
And a young mouse missing key
And a comb and a brush and a bowl full of mush the song of a thrush
And a quiet napping lady whispering hush snoring much

Goodnight room
Goodnight moon
Goodnight chores to be finished soon
Goodnight picture from honeymoon
Goodnight pillows with wear and tear
Goodnight slippers
And toenail clippers
Goodnight tea
Goodnight key
Goodnight comb and goodnight brush
Goodnight to the song of the thrush
Goodnight napping lady snoring much

Goodnight stars friends
Goodnight air home

And to all, Shabbat Shalom.... :)

5 comments:

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

I love your rendition of Good Night Moon! :)

Unknown said...

Shabot Shalom, my friend!

Anonymous said...

Oh, how clever! I forgot to mention that I noticed your banner change. I am not adept at these banner creations, so mine remains the same. But yours is so different, set apart from the rest. I'm trying to say that each one I've seen is beautiful!
Brenda

tina f. said...

Very clever, loved it!

Sandra said...

I love that poem, even though I'm not familiar with the original. Beautiful look to your blog too Robbyn.