Tuesday, October 27, 2009

So Done With My Doc

This is getting ridiculous. Way past time for a change.

She charts everything by computer, and every visit is more or less as if she has no idea what we've done prior or what's even wrong with me.

It's a small office and they downsized and no longer even have a nurse in the office. But I think they're milking this office visit thing for money.

They used to have good communication via phone when there was a regular nurse, but now I have to go for an office visit for everything...and begin all over again as if the doc didn't just see me three days ago (argh!) She actually asked me why I was there last time I came in and I said Because I'm SICK and you told me to come back in??? (maybe it comes out more polite than that) Their office has a phone line where you leave the doc messages for refills or other communications. At her instruction, I've called with updates she requested. She's answered none of my calls. At the last visit, she said she is not going to do anything via the phone, and is just going to have me come in each time since I get confused. I'm the one confused???

I really think at this point that in my case she has no idea what she's doing, and I can't believe I've waited this long to change docs. Dang dang dangit!

And now how to get a referral to someone better without paying my current one for another office visit...

8 comments:

Rita said...

I just called another office and gave a friends name who recommended this doctor and she put me down for an appointment. My problem for 8 months was a gallbladder that function was way low. The surgeon didn't want to take it out? I had already been taking antibiotic for 8 months thinking I had a reoccuring bladder infection. When he got in there he said the gall bladder was wrotten. I won't even begin to tell you how bad I felt for weeks even after it was gone because I had so much infection in my body. Why all this? I do not know. I only know I liked my Dr. and he treated me badly and I left. I really like the Dr. I have now. There is hope. :)

Donna. W said...

Cliff and I usually see one of the nurse-practicioners in our doctor's office, and are quite satisfied with how they handle things.

Paulette said...

Oh yeah girl, way time for a change.

Ken Riches said...

Worse case, let your fingers do the walking, it can't be any worse.

jack-of-all-thumbs said...

What Paulette said.....

Sue said...

Wish you good luck with finding another physician. It's sooo important to have good communication, and it doesn't seem like the one you have does!

Barb J. said...

Sounds like she's pretty useless. How about asking your friends for some recommendations for a better doc?

Robbyn said...

Rita, wow, so glad you like your current doc and got some help!

Donna, I love NPs and this doc doesn't have one...no other docs or any nurses in her office at all now. I'll check for one at the next office I go to, if I do...

Paulette, I'm about ready to head on a bus for parts unknown if things don't change soon. I'm feeling very low

Ken, yep! :)

Jack, I'm there!

Sue, let's see what gives :)

Barb, I've been asking around...let's see what we can unearth