Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Easing Back Into the Swing...

I am overdue on thank yous and on updating my blogroll...can we say months of backlog??

The thank you post will be separate...you, my friends, have helped sustain my husband and myself during this time and we cannot adequately express our gratitude. But I will try...in an upcoming post.

For now, we just experimented with a plant we'll be incorporating into our future, simply because it's easy, and delicious. You can read more about our first attempts with Malanga at the collaborative blog Women Not Dabbling In Normal. (Hint...it tastes great) :)

I'll be back soon :) Have to keep my keyboarding skills from getting rusty...

6 comments:

Nola said...

Robbyn, I am so glad to see you back online! It will take time for things to ever seem "normal" again, but gradually things will come together. Hope your hubby is doing okay; I know it's not really "over" when the funeral is done; sometimes the hardest moments happen weeks and months down the road. Hang in there and be there for each other during this difficult time!

It's me said...

Welcome back. Take it easy on yourself.

Peace~
Meadowlark

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

Hi Robbyn,
I'm so glad to see you back posting again. You seem less heavily burdened. I love that you are already planning on adding something new and unique to your garden and eating.

I read up on the malanga and am quite impressed with it's health benefits and unique differences from potatoes. I often eat a baked potato as a snack or a whole meal. They are so filling and delicious and earthy.
The malanga seems even more so.

So where does one buy a malanga plant? Or do you start them by seed?

~Lisa
Laughing Orca Ranch
New Mexico

~plantain~ said...

Glad to see you!

Donna. W said...

I'll be watching and waiting.

RazorFamilyFarms.com said...

Robbyn! I have missed you so and often find my thoughts turning to you. How is she? Oh I wish I could just walk over and visit with her. Why must she live so far away?

Why?

Welcome back.

Blessings,
Lacy