Sunday, July 7, 2013

A Great Documentary!

We've been rained out of almost anything at the farm because of road flooding, so for now we wait.

I'm very skilled at waiting, but not very graceful! :-)

In the meantime, I watched a documentary (among other things).  I love a wide range of movie genres including all available Jane Austen and that sort of period film, psychological thrillers, history, biographies, some foreign films, intelligent but not trashy or potty humor comedies, romantic comedies, spy and espionage movies, and so on.  Love good documentaries!

I saw this on Netflix and I believe it's from PBS...called My Life as a Turkey.  It was filmed in the flatwoods of Florida and it is...exceptional.  It's not the thing I usually watch, but as I began viewing it, I was drawn into the true story, real pictures and the different perspective of it.

It's clean enough for the whole family, but it's realistic, not a Bambi tale.

If you decide you might want to give it half a chance, it's really worth checking out, and has excellent reviews.

Here 'tis...enjoy!!  My Life As  Turkey


Watch My Life as a Turkey on PBS. See more from Nature.

3 comments:

Sandy Livesay said...

I watched the 9 minutes segment and now I'm interested in watching the entire piece. Thank you for sharing.

Paulette said...

My brother has this video, and I watched it awhile back, very interesting!

Ian said...

This is cool!